Thursday 20 October 2016

Quick reminder for the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge .....

Happy Thursday to you ......

I hope you're having a good week.
We're more than half way through the month already .......... October isn't half whooshing by!

It's time for a little reminder of this month's STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge ..... have you entered yet?  Don't worry there's still plenty of time to join in the fun.


As always the theme is Anything Goes, with an optional colour twist.  This month it's BLACK.



I love using Black on cards, especially the classic Black and White combination with just a touch of colour, it's a winner every time.  However, for my inspiration piece today, I've added in more than one colour and I love it!!
A nice CAS design, and really easy to do.
I've used a die cut word but if you haven't got a die, you could just stamp the word BIRTHDAY across the bottom using a black ink, and then emboss with a clear powder,  to make it stand out more.


I  stamped the word Happy from the STAMPlorations Sentiment Builders range down the centre of a piece of white card using various colours of Memento inks


I then die cut the word 'Birthday' across the bottom and again, this time twice, from a piece of black card. Love this CUTplorations die .... the font looks fab!
I layered the two black die cuts together and then inlaid them into the space left when I cut the die from the stamped piece of card..... does that make sense


I added a few dots of glitter glue here and there, and a layer of black card just to frame the design


Now it's your turn.  Check out the STAMPlorations blog for more CAS inspiration from the rest of the Design Team, and then join in the fun.

OK .... I've only one more sleep to go then I'm off to the UK for the weekend.  And what a weekend it's going to be ...... it's ages since I've been across and I've been looking forward to this trip since the beginning of May!
Not only will I be spending time with my crafty buddy but ........ we're off to a workshop on Saturday, with the amazing Eileen Godwin ... excited or what!!!

But .....I still have a few bits and pieces to finish off in the old craft room before I leave so I'd better get a move on.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ....

6 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda - good idea using the die cut like that.
Enjoy your weekend - pictures of Eileen's workshops always look amazing.
Avril xx

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Linda, what a happy card! A black die cut and a black frame really work together. - Sweet Kobylkin

cm said...

Your card makes me happy, happy, happy! CAS and such fun! Enjoy your travels immensely! Once again, thrilled to be joining you and the team as a GD for this month!
~carol

Toni said...

So clever! Love the birthday against the other colors. Really pops!

Suchi said...

This is so cool! Love the black colored birthday sentiment against the happy colors! :)
Suchi xx

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the graphic design of this card! Love the black die cut with the colored stamped words!