Wednesday 6 December 2017

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year .......

Happy Wednesday ......

It's the 6th of December and it's time for a touch of Festive Mixed Media for the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge


As you can see it's a nice easy theme to end the year ....... Anything Goes!  What will you create?

I've recycled a simple little frame into a fun festive coloured Christmas decoration using a rubber stamp and some acrylic paint.


The frame was given two coats of the gorgeous red shimmery Starlight paint and when this was dry I rubbed over the corners with gold gilding wax, to bring out the detail of the flourishes


I stamped the words onto a piece of white cardstock ....... Most Wonderful Time from the Typografia range by STAMPlorations ...... and then heat embossed in gold.
 

To finish off I attached one of the Tim Holtz Mini Christmas trees ...... coloured with Distress Spray Stain and white texture paste for the snow .......


and a jolly little MDF snowman which I found in my Christmas stash .....


How cute is this little guy!  He's been painted with white acrylic, coloured with markers and then sprinkled with glitter ..... perfect!

As with all the HLS challenges there's a prize for the winner ..... a $20 Gift Certificate to spend in the HLS store ..... wouldn't that be nice in the New Year!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.

Hubby's out this evening with work so, I'm finally making a start on my Christmas cards .... yeah!
I might even wrap some presents too.

Cheerio until next time .......

2 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

this is a beautiful decoration for your holidays
Barb Housner (DT)

Christine Alexander said...

Great way to up-cycle a frame, so cute with the tree and the snow man :)